People in general will do Christmas home decorating during the period before Thanksgiving and up until the day before Christmas. No matter when you do yours it is usually a yearly event that includes all family members and maybe some friends. We are always looking for ways to make it better than last year. Not to mention the competency among neighbors to have the best looking yard and home.
There are many ideas out there for home decorating but to find those special ways to decorate in never easy. You must use your imagination and let it run wild. We are fortunate to have the means to get ideas from home decor businesses and home decorating professionals as they are aware of our need for helpful ideas. There are many websites and magazines that go all out to provide us with ideas and what materials we will need to complete our visions. We like to use our traditional Christmas items that we have accumulated from years past, but we can also run out to the stores to get new items that are in the year to add to our collection.
When we think of Christmas decorating colors, the first ones to come to mind are red and green. If you read decorating articles they will tell you that there is no reason to just choose these colors as there are many beautiful colors that you can use to enhance your home. So you may come across silver, blue, yellow or even purple in store displays. Let your individual run wild and give uniqueness to your decorating ideas.
Some of the things we do year after year are:
• Decorate the handrails on your stairs – We use garlands, ribbons, bows, fresh cuttings from the holly berry bush we have in the yard and sometimes we even hang stockings.
• Decorate the front door with a wreath. I think the ones that are made fresh each year are much nicer.
• Create tree ornaments each year to have everlasting memories from years past.
• Add items to the front yard. We planed a Blue Spruce tree last year and plan to add solar powered lights to it this year.
• Placing candles around the house. We like real candles in the house to add a nice aroma, but the electric candles in the window add a nice touch also.
• Adding wrapped gift boxes on the front porch is a nice addition.